Thursday, August 29, 2019

Good Afternoon at the Free Library of Philadelphia, Main Branch


On FRIDAY
       Afternoon as I went to sign in at the Free Library’s Main Branch, the Business Office There were BLACK youth coming in. They were treated as other, as if they had a social disease. They were not, I felt, made to feel at home, comfortable and asked how the representative could help them. They were told rather bluntly that ``this was not a place to relax and LOUNGE. This is a place of business.’’ They were not asked if They had any interests in business or skills in business as I am sure European descent youth would be told. I thought such treatment of our cherished and beautiful BLACK youth was PREPOSTERIOUS and outrageous in This Year of Our Lord 2019. I have my computer reservation receipt and it was exactly 2:45 PM on August 9th, 2019 Friday. I am tired of making a fuss about this and that, but I am Praying and hoping that our entire Nation’s Protest Community realizes this is an outrage and takes positive action to have Library Policy overhauled by a progressive committee that includes many BLACK youth themselves. I use the Library in Philadelphia on an almost daily basis and even though the bathrooms are cleaner they still smell and there is often little soap; There is no place to eat lunch even though I have suggested two separate qualified BLACK caterers; and the elevators are so slow you lose out on computer time waiting for them. I want to add humbly, that I am almost taken aback by the kindnesses of some of the Free Library’s staff, regardless of race or color, or gender. Many employees and even administrators I have come into contact with are outrageously kind, considerate and nice to work with as I go about my business of doing research, writing, and other business activities I attend to at the Library!
However,  also: Why are BLACK youth having to argue over the same items and issues we did 40 years ago? Democrat or Republican the Block out has continued to stand  - It Falls Today permanently – My hope is a permanent improvement in attitude and policy is Instituted right Today
1] Put together a financial collection page to support my work.
2] Send a letter to my credit company.
3] Watch Trailers below:
1) ``Get on the BUS’’
2) ``BLACK Panther’’
3) ``The Sand Piper’’
4) Original ``Shaft’’
5) ``The Landlord’’
4] Watch what comes up when I put in ``It is time to financially support Mr. Tracy Gibson.’’
5] Write Keith an e-mail about His warning about how difficult it can be to make headway financially for a Black Gay radical. If I did not get such a warning from you or another significant family member I would know I was not making the headway I am making.
A BIG THANK YOU from Mr. Smarty Pants – Tracy Gibson.
       I PRAY every day, every minute, for our planet’s safety and our children’s safety.I Pray for the safety of every human on our planet, no matter what color, race or other divisive factors there are.
Let’s all work on improving things and policy at the Free Library! From Tracy Gibson, your GOD who realizes He is no more GOD than you or anyone else, it is a matter of Spiritual development for me. Each of us has a path to follow that can be made to be much better through listening, teaching and reading or watching affirming and positive educational videos. Please have a great day and enjoy your vacation and Holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment