Monday, March 19, 2018

Chase Bank Foreclosure Mr. Tracy Charles Gibson.....


About My Foreclosure in 2010 Mr. Tracy Charles Gibson.

 

 

During the year 2010, I was foreclosed on from my house in New Castle, Delaware. The Bank was Chase Manhattan Bank. I applied for the mortgage with a private mortgage broker who marketed it to Chase. I know for sure now that this private broker was unscrupulous.  He projected that I would be able to earn enough money to pay the mortgage of $2,400.00 a month by finding a good job.  The job never materialized. [ Frankly, I could have looked harder, but I was focused on writing a very important book. ]  I should have never been allowed the mortgage in the first place as my present income at the time was under $1,300.00 a month. Our Banking system in this country of the United States is very corrupt & unscrupulous , but can easily be worked around if you are an aware investor and an aware & conscious consumer.

     When I lost my beautiful home in New Castle, I had $80,000.00 in equity in the house. The value of the hoe was $333,000.00 when I purchased it. It was valued at less than $240,000.00 when it was foreclosed on. I had about a two-year window to take Chase Manhattan Bank to court over the seizure of my home, but I chose NOT to go to court. A  large part of the reason for my not taking the case to court is because I had a concern of depression & I think taking the case to court would have forced me to concentrate on the case instead of writing my articles & books & doing my community activism which, I know for sure, is very, very important to me. One thing that also concerns me about this case of seizure & foreclosure  is the fact that I was given three months to move my clothes, art work, adult movie and regular movie collection, etc. out but all I took out was my Che  & my computer. I left all the other items in the house. The art work alone  -- done by my dear sister Aziza Claudia Gibson Hunter  --  is valued at over $2,800.00. They are irreplaceable. The mental pain & anguish of losing my home obviously impacted on me to such a degree that I totally gave up on fighting for & properly valuing my property & possessions. I Am hoping & Praying that many kind-hearted Black celebrities will replace the $80,000.00 I lost in home equity, which was my life’s savings. This letter is also written to let the Black community at large and any Black investors who are interested know what type of losses I have suffered and  -- as Sister Maya Angelou says ``and still I rise.’’  I continue to fight for real justice, real freedom, real economic liberation & real Spiritual growth for myself & all Black people. I also paid thousands of dollars to a few people & agencies – including lawyers --  who professed to be able to help me totally avoid the foreclosure or get around it without such a loss in equity.

 

I Am Sending this letter as a registered letter to Chase Manhattan Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment