Thursday, March 29, 2018

🌍🌐March 27th & 28th, 2018 Tuesday & Wednesday
An Open Letter  
x
American Medical Association
AMA Plaza
330 N. Wabash Ave., Suite 39300
Chicago, IL 60611-5885
XX
From, Mr. Tracy Charles Gibson
670 North 41st Street
APT B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104  -- 5202
Phone, 1 [ 215 ] 823  -- 9985
Dear American Medical Association,
I Am not a doctor, but I Am very concerned today about some of my concerned [ today ] about some of my current – today’s – medical records that contain errors. Being a progressive Black political activist, I Am very concerned about the following errors on my medical records, just started earlier today. I recently changed from going to Drexel Medicine at 205 North Broad Street where I was treated by Doctor Joseph Boselli who was my doctor for over 30 years. Now I attend the public health clinic at 44th & Haverford.   Doctor Story who I have never met – is named as my general practitioner. I visited there in February and saw a Doctor Achmen or a Doctor Muhammed. I gave Him a full & complete list of my medications. I told Him I will need a new colonoscopy because the one I had most recently was inconclusive. I went to 44th & Haverford Avenue clinic for a routine checkup today  [ required before the new colonoscopy ] . They took my blood pressure today & I when I stood up the second time they took the blood pressure they got a better reading.  On the records it said I had a lower pressure sitting. A small mistake, but a mistake none-the-less. The attending Doc was Doctor Fatema  Ahmen. The notes also said I had ``coincident congestive heart failure’’. My father [ Mr. Charles Saint Clair Gibson ], died from complications of congestive heart failure & I do not have heart failure. Doctor Ahmen also wrote that I had a moderate episode of recurrent major depressive disorder today while I was at the office. I told her I have not been hospitalized with depression since 1999. I had an excellent day today. I bothered no one. I sat patiently for my appointment with the doctor. I had no such episode in the doctor’s office and am well aware of what I go through mentally, and it has been very smooth for quite some times, with a few bumps in the road, but no major episode.  I have enclosed a copy of the Doctor’s report for you to look at. I also told Her I was taking 4 medicines for blood pressure, She only wrote down two of them. A full list of my medications was given to the doctor in February. They had lost the list of medications. I don’t want to make a fuss, but being in a rather sensitive position as a Black activist makes me want to ensure all such records are kept accurately at all times.



I Am sending a copy of this letter to my political representatives in hopes that the health services in the public sector in Philadelphia can be wholly upgraded as all people, regardless of income level, deserve excellent health care.

Gratefully True,


Tracy Charles Gibson

President, Chief & Founder
Seventy-Five Cent, LLC
A company concerned about the well-being of Black People throughout the world. We do this through education projects, philanthropy, Public Relations, Advertising, Black community advocacy & support of Black businesses big and small.  We also do outreach to Black youth who want to take life more seriously and make serious advances in career, education and the business world.

No comments:

Post a Comment