Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Dear Free Library of Philadelphia. November 20th, 2018 Tuesday A Work In Progress


November 20th, 2018 Tuesday –

 

Dear Free Library, Department of Education, Philosophy , & Religion.

From 2nd Vice President, MR. Tracy Charles Gibson

     Thank you so much for the fantastic knowledge – based services you offer to the Philadelphia public, especially the poor & people of colour like Black people.

     On October 11th of this year at 7 P.M. in Room 108, your department featured guest Rabbi Joel Kessler who answered questions & spoke on the subject of  ``What is Judaism.’’

     Unfortunately, I missed the event for two understandable reasons. [1] I had a Prior engagement, & [2] being a very busy Black businessman, I did not realize or understand How important this meeting is.     This is an important meeting to repeat. March of next year would be a magnificent time.

     I beg you to have this meeting again as soon as humanly possible. I am extremely concerned about How the 7 Jewish Tribes are being misunderstood, chastised, burglarized, criminalized, robbed, beaten, & misrepresented in the media. I know for sure Hollywood can do better. I am fearful that such negative media images will spill over into real life in Jewish enclaves like in the Tree of Life in Pittsburg.

     A few other points of contention:  having the main library without any cafeteria is not only odd, but unworkable for people who want to bring food into the library and work for an extended time, such as poor Black people like myself, who do not have money to buy things, and no job and no transportation money. I sometimes have to work at the library and bring a banana, so I can take a break at the computer, go against the rules, and eat at the computer.  I don’t like breaking rules. Maybe something can be done about this.  I am more than willing to have my private company provide food for the library for little or no cost to the library system.

     On another matter, I want to find out if the other enclosed letter I wrote you three years ago had anything to do with your getting a $25 Million Dollar grant from the

No comments:

Post a Comment