Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Letter to The School Board of Philadelphia from Mr. Tracy Gibson July 12th, 2019 Friday

July 12nd, 2019 Friday

Tracy Gibson

Founder, President and Chief of Staff

Brother Tracy Gibson and Associates, Incorporated

670 North 41st Street

Apartment B

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 – 5202

1 215 823 9985


 

William R. Hite, Junior,

Superintendent of Schools

School District of Philadelphia

400 North Broad Street

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130

 

     I must study at least 20 hours a week at the Free Library of Philadelphia. I have a business, Brother Tracy Gibson and Associates, Incorporated, but as far as I know, we make hardly any money at this particular point. I am interested in education, public relations, advertising, and advocacy for BLACK youth. We also agitate for better BLACK businesses, and provide BLACK philanthropy.

     I have a degree in Public Relations and journalism with a minor in BLACK Studies from The Ohio State University ( 1978); and a current Serv.Safe certificate ( number 14312656) valid through October 29, 2021. I also studied personal finance and entrepreneurship at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania through a free community – oriented program in 2015.

    To be fully honest and true, I may not qualify as a teacher, but I have taught in the BLACK community for several years on an individual basis; and I served as a support group facilitator for Black men for over seven years.  I am also disabled and on disability income, but a highly functional positive thinker.

     What I will talk about in front of Black students are subjects like valuing education; not submitting to  risky behaviors; not hanging around people who are not about books, education, achievement and advancement; and  how to stop being silly and listening to elders instead.  I know I have the right attitude, but NOT all the solutions and answers.  I also want BLACK males especially to think about being something more than a basketball star or a Rap Star and think about the other opportunities that are available such as being an agent for star athletes; a technical person at concerts; or handling public relations or security for singers, actors, entertainers and so forth.  Media focuses so much on people with star qualities that they sometimes forget that those vivid images of success impact greatly on young minds.  People need to understand that there are other opportunities a little bit away from all the glitter and glamour.

     Young men and young women now - a - days are often not taught how to cook or prepare a meal properly. I am qualified to teach cooking and I LOVe to cook.  I read a bit about some of the following community schools in The Sunday Sun:  Richard W. Wright School; John H. Webster School; Hamilton Disston School; Andrew K. McClure School; and the Overbrook Education Center.  I would LOVe to find opportunities at these community schools as I work on increasing my qualifications and positive experiences.

     Please feel free to contact me as soon as you can. I am available for interviews within the next three weeks.

 

Justice, Peace, Blessings and Economic Equality,

No comments:

Post a Comment