Thursday, October 17, 2019

Laila Ali Gets great book review for ``Food for Life,'' from GOD ALMIGHTY!


``Food for LIFE,’’ Laila Ali’s Cook Book and life changing nutrition book Gets great Review!

By Tracy Gibson – GOD ALMIGHTY!

     Her recent cook and healthy living book, `` Food for Life,’’ by Laila Ali, is pretty good and has excellent photos of the fantastic foods She prepares.
     Ali makes it easy to lessen the salt and make changes that are easy to make for a trained food professional like myself.  People with less cooking skills will also find this book useful because it is easy to read and very people-friendly!
     I am very pleased with the clear writing and the clear printing that is easy to read and to understand.  She often mentions that good, healthy food is a part of a healthy regimen and can extend life and vitality.
     Muhammad Ali’s daughter and a married woman very proud of Her father, Ms Ali writes about each recipe using common language, but the writing also has a flair that shows off Her writing talents ( it should be noted, and you may already know that Ms Ali is a trained boxer like Her Dad was).
     I had to ``get over it,’’ – as BLACK family healing expert Iyanla Vanzant says – I had to get over it about being an independent man as I was a bit ``fearful’’ of Her book not knowing Ms Ali much at all.  Now, however, I have a more acclimated and comfortable knowledge about Her book and want to read about Her life as a boxer, wife and Mom.  I am sure Ms Ali has a biography out that will inform me more about Her life, family and political activities.
    The stories that go along with the recipes in ``Food for Life,’’ also chip off a part of Her feelings about the foods She is writing about.  She has a great and positive Way of writing that is active and professional.  One thing I will strongly suggest that will help with the flavor of the beef bones She uses to make beef- soup stock, is something I learned from my Mother, Mrs. Jessie Thornton Gibson ( Who was like a GOD for me ) – cook the beef bones in the oven for about 30 minutes – and put the bones into a hot oven at about 350  - and the flavor of the beef bones and all the nutrients comes out even more flavorfully when you make the stock.   I am not just going to do this review and forget about Ms Ali because I LOVed Her Father and was so proud of Him when He took a stand against the Viet Nam war as well as the great sparing He did with announcer and Television personality Howard Cosell. Muhammad Ali also was and is a fantastic role model for BLACK children, especially BLACK teen men who need to have more positive role models and lasting images of positivity for their lives to run a better course than what others might want to steer them into.

I was very glad that Ms Ali uses many flavorful vegetables, whole grains, and other healthy foods like fresh fruits in many of Her recipes.  I look forward to reading more about Ms Ali and I am more than willing to help Her if She wants to break into the movie business. I am NOT trying to be funny, but She may want to take a few acting lessons, unless She is a natural, which may well be the case.  Some people think acting is easy like RAP is easy. I did a rap in my living room a while ago and do you really want to talk about  me sounding like really bad, well that is what I sounded like – really bad at Rap folks.  But cooking, see I come from three generations of cooks and chefs – my father and grandfather.  If Ms Ali wants to start a restaurant here in Philadelphia and needs my help, please allow Her to feel free to call my home office because I know plenty of restaurant people here and have some locations I am thinking about.  Judging from Her book ``Food for Life,’’ Ms Ali is more than ready to take such a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment