Friday, December 13, 2019

Recent Restaurants Jaunts. December 13th, 2019 Friday


Recent Food Reviews

*****  Common Bar and Brill at 36th and Market. West Philadelphia.
I went here by myself on my birthday and really enjoyed myself.
I had shrimps and rice and a piece of chocolate cake and seltzer water in place of an
Alcoholic drink ( I don’t drink alcohol due to the medicine I take).  I liked the food and
Service so well, I decided to go again soon after my first visit. Highly recommended.
*****Govinda’s Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant 1408 South Street. PHONE: - 1 - 215 – 985 - 9303
Their web page says they are ``a  Philadelphia tradition since 1985.’’ I have been going to this delightful eatery since they were open way back in the early days!
The food is very good and very vegan, but you can get things like real mozzarella cheese on your vegan chicken cheese steak; the soups are great ( not too spicy ) ; and most of the desserts are made with no milk products or eggs.  You can also get spinach or tomato Wraps that are mostly vegetable, or you can get meat-like substitutes for real meat that are tender, juicy and tasty.  ( I actually owe them $24.00 because they were kind enough to extend me credit when a Brother ( me ) was low on cash a few months ago. ) Many meals are also Halal and Kosher.  Most major credit cards are accepted, call for open hours. THANK YOU GOVINDA’S!
*****McCormick  and Schmick Seafood & Steaks  at
1 South Broad Street in Philadelphia. ( near Broad and Chestnut Street ) - 1 – 215 – 568 – 6888.
A few weeks after my last birthday, when I turned 63, I went to McCormick and Schmick Seafood & Steaks in Philadelphia with a friend and had grilled Salmon stuffed with shrimps and crab.  My companion had Grilled Sea Bass which He said was superb. The portion ( for me)  was small, but I really enjoyed the food and shared a house salad with a friend of mine.  ( Being that I am learning how to eat less and enjoy more, I didn’t mind the smaller portions).  Instead of alcohol -- I had seltzer water with lemon and skipped the desserts as I am working on avoiding sugar and butter. If this sounds austere, please remember that when someone is treating you out to dinner, it is best not to over indulge.  ( Please look for dining books on etiquette for BLACK Youth).   The food was great and I know for sure, I cannot prepare food like this because I am NOT a trained chef, even though I have my Serv.Safe certificate.  Call for hours and locations or look on their Web Page for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment