Wednesday, June 3, 2015

new up-dated resume for Brother Tracy Gibson........


Resume

Resume Philosophy: I feel that with the job market flooded the way it is, I might as well tell my full story and try to get a JOB that way, as opposed to only giving a brief sketch in my resume, the way the job professionals want one to do.  This Way, if there is something a possible employer doesn't like He or She can just pass me by instead of wasting his or her time and mine with an interview.  Also: the professional JOB finders say to Never, EVER let a potential employer know about your ethnic background.  I find this ridiculous.  Any potential employer who will NOT respect me as a Black man doesn't deserve to even consider getting me as an employee.   

I AM--Brother Tracy Gibson - Consultant -  Businessman - Educator - Writer - Visionary - Organizer - Fund Raiser-Child and Youth Advocate-International Progressive Peace Activist ; 213 South 49th Street, Philadelphia, Penn  19139-4205; Phone: 1.215.471.64.94; Mailing Address: Post Office Box 42878; Philadelphia, Common Wealth of Pa 19101-2878.E-Mail Address: BlackExecutive46a@GMail.Com

OBJECTIVE:

Make my business profitable and expand; and / or find suitable work as a staff diversity consultant; or a staff consultant for community outreach, youth issues and services / and or political consulting of inner city youth issues; work on Peace, education, research and Prosperity issues for the income-challenged and the left out; fund raising; writing; and / or Public Relations

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Brother Tracy Gibson & Associates, Incorporated.; April of 2002 to the Present. [And Subsidiaries including the Black Millionaire’s Network] Planning, researching, reconstructing, building my businesses and developing and implementing policy for our parent company [Brother Tracy Gibson & Associates, Incorporated ]--a growing Public Relations, Marketing, Research, Advertising, Community Relations and Education firm dedicated to and specializing in developing survival tactics for people of color [especially Black People] and other economically disenfranchised groups so such groups can flourish into the future; filing the proper papers with local, state and federal agencies and NGO's to continue to carry on in a legal and legitimate manner; place advertising to expand and stabilize profitability and to generate and expand on our client base; bring our Wed Page back on line [www.btganda.com—possibly with a new name]; advocate for progressive causes in Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Delaware and Washington, D.C. and other locations within the U.S. and points around the World; Planning to Obtain and maintain Our office space and staff; expand on staff and train youth, young Adults as well as other job seekers in the community; generating management and leadership skills etc. (I recently hired a youth, 27,  to work for me. We have visited City Hall to attend a hearing on natural gas and it’s use and profitability in Pennsylvania; we also went to work for the Church Mission called Chosen 300 between 12th street and 11th street on Spring Garden; we also visited the cite of the Old White House in Philadelphia and the memorial to the slaves of George Washington as well as the Liberty Bell; I taught Him about vegetarian cooking; and He also watched instructional films on how to rehabilitate houses; and prepare properly for job interviews. ) He is making $385.00 every two weeks through the program. 

PROGRESSIVE WRITING HISTORY:

I presently have a Blog: ``The Politics of Real'' which can be accessed by clicking onto: http://thepoliticsofreal.blogspot.com. I have also written for several other publications including: ``The Black Star,'' ``The Leon Williams Journal'' ``The Walnut Hill Community Association's Newsletter,'' [I served as the editor for One year]; ``SBC Magazine''; ``Au Courant Newspaper''; and ``Male Box Magazine.''  I am publishing a book of poetry called ``Let the Children Gather,’’ with the help of my 23-year-old nephew Mr. Muata Gibson Hunter of Wash D C.

OTHER JOB HISTORY:

I Worked for Eagle Limo of New Castle, Delaware, as a clean-up person and a detailer for cars & buses.

Careers USA: 18th and JFK Boulevard Philadelphia, Penn--Edited law briefs and other legal documents such as Wills. Also: Provided registration materials for Doctors attending a National Cancer Conference; and did clerical work in a psychiatrist's office.  I also served as a male receptionist for the Jewish Federation of Organizations. 1995 to 2001.

TV Guide Magazine: Manhattan, New York; and Radnor, Penn. Wrote and Edited TV listings and program evaluations as I became literate on a new and innovative computer system.  January 1981 through November 1995.

BUSINESS EXPERIENCE:

As part of My life-Long Business Experiences I served as a cashier for various Department Stores including: Staples, Macy's, Gimbals and Sears.. I also started my work career by working at McDonald's in West Philadelphia [40th and Walnut Street] when I was 16; and also worked at McDonald's temporarily, part time [for about a year] to help pay for college expenses during my years at The Ohio State University [ September 1974 to August 1978] in Columbus, Ohio...

LIFE'S JOURNEY

I had the significant and dignified honor of helping care for my elderly Mother, Mrs. Jessie M. Gibson, before she passed.   It took a great deal of coordination, work, dedication, LOVe, endurance, and most of all courage in dealing with a sometimes hostile Health Care System.  I learned a great deal through this process.  My Mother was a fantastic lady who believed strongly in education and helping the less fortunate.  I also learned that to be humane is to honor human life.  Recently I helped tend to my Father's Health Care needs [ Mr. Charles Saint Clair Gibson ] who was 85 when he passed on Hospice Care at home.  Dad helped me to care about people's basic needs while still being frugal and responsible. He taught me about Real Estate and I was a Landlord for 25 years. Presently I am seeking funds to get back into the Real Estate market in Philadelphia before it is too aggressively dominated by big city and big money interests.   My father was a dedicated and concerned Landlord for about 50 years and owned the Saint Clair Apartment House on 46th & Cedar Avenue in West Philadelphia.

EDUCATION:

**I am presently enrolled in a study program called ``Healthy, Wealthy & Wise Financial Freedom Series.’’ With WURD 900 AM Black Talk Radio. Instructor: Ms Keva Sturdevant, host: Healthy, Wealthy & Wise.’’ Classes end on July 18, 2015.

* On February 21, 2015 I will receive a certificate from the Wharton School for Finance & Commerce in Entrepreneurship; and I received a similar certificate in January 2015 at the Wharton School, for Personal Finance.

* in May of 2014 I attended a media seminar in Social Networking at the Arts Institute.

* On May 31, 2012, I completed the Business Plan Development Program--a ten-Week course--at Temple University's Small Business Development Center at 1510 Cecil B. Moore Avenue, Suite 200, Philadelphia, Penn 19121.  My instructor was Ms. Cynthia Moultrie.  ``The Knowledge Hut Business Plan’’ can be found on my Blog.

* I also attended the Delaware Money School to learn more about personal finance, thrift and budgeting from January 2008 to August 2010. At the same time I was the recipient of advice from the senior’s advice program SCORE, in Delaware and have inquired to restart working with them recently.

* I also took continuing Studies Classes at the Pan African Studies Community Education Program at Temple University where I studied: personal finance and budgeting; civil liberties law; housing rehabilitation; alternative music industry analysis and progressive rap music indium's; the advantages of the vegetarian lifestyle and vegetarian cooking. At Temple University's Center City office I took: Business Management. I also took classes in basic English and Research at Community College to brush up on my English & research skills. January 2002 through March 2010.

*Graduate School -- Temple University--13th and Berks--Philadelphia Penn.  September 1980 through January 1982. Studied communications, script writing and journalism after being awarded a scholarship from the Scripps-Howard Foundation in 1981. I have NOT received my Master's Degree at this point.

*The Ohio State University, Columbus Ohio September 1974 through August 1978. Received a B.A. in Journalism and Public Relations with a Minor in Black Studies.  

PERSONAL AND COMMUNITY ACHIEVEMENTS:

Served as a Block Captain for the 4600 Block of Sansom Street for seven years when I lived on that block. In elementary school [Lea Elementary School at 47th and Walnut Street, in West Philadelphia] I served as a Crossing Guard and a Hall Monitor. [I have always been concerned about people’s safety.]

I am presently implementing a youth employment and empowerment program for my corporation in the neighborhood in which I live and am seeking investors to help with financing and implementation.

I received a Community Service Award from Men of All Colors Together of Philadelphia in April of 2005.

I served on the Board of Directors of the African American Freedom and Reconstruction League for one year [The League was constructed as a result of the positive energy that matriculated from the Million Man March in October of 1996. They develop strategies to advocate for the Black community's inclusion in getting Our fair share of the Economic Pie in North America through creating community initiatives that generate support for the community itself. The League also holds an annual luncheon to respectfully recognize the work our elders are doing to uphold the community and the community’s positive social values.

I also helped found Adodi Philadelphia Inc., and was a leading core member for this support group and support system for Same Gender Loving Black Men.  Adodi has since evolved into a National Organization that holds a National Retreat each year at different locations.  They also hold different constructive meetings and workshops during the year regarding various issues including: family structure; homophobia; & self-esteem issues.

TRAVEL:

I traveled to Cuba, South Africa, Canada, Porto Rico and various points within the United States such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Wash, D.C., Denver, Colorado, and Aspen, Colorado; Columbus, Dayton and Cleveland, Ohio; Miami, Florida; and New York City [mostly Manhattan and Brooklyn] in my continuing journey to learn and grow.

OTHER COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:

I have a deep concern for the Black community in which I live and I want to see people of ALL races who have been left out of the process become included in the process towards positive development, a clean environment, sustainability and economic and social equality.  I have written literally hundreds of letters to Civic Leaders, Community Leaders, Political Leaders, entertainers, business People, clergy, government officials, and so forth, in an effort to promote the issues of left out Black youth and disenfranchised people throughout the world; and those who might not be able to advocate for themselves.  Groups I have advocated for include [But are NOT limited to] : The income-challenged or economically disenfranchised; Same Gender Loving people of Color; Black, Latin and other disenfranchised people and youth; the Elderly; Women and Muslim women of color; Black youth; and people of ALL races who have been left out of the process toward political and economic freedom, inclusion, hope and equality..

OVERCOMING ADVERSITY:

I was diagnosed as a person with bipolar illness in 1982 / 1983 and managed to work and / or go to school for about 15 years after that before I went on disability.  I had many ups and downs and was hospitalized, but still managed to do my work consistently, especially after 1999.  I haven't been hospitalized for the last 13 years.  I have worked hard on writing my own books; reading and researching numerous issues; and starting a corporation dedicated to the advancement and reconstruction of Black Youth.  I want to get back in the workforce and I would like to do so, most of all, as a consultant, or as the leader of my own corporation.  I am a hard worker, a dedicated worker and an honest person.  I hope you will take me on as a consultant.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment