Tuesday, December 11, 2018

GOD BLESS BLONDELL!


To Blondell Reynolds Brown

Philadelphia City Council at Large

December 11th, 2018 Tuesday.

From: Mr. Tracy Gibson

 

     This is a letter I regret to write.  I have to start with the excellent career of a BLACK City Council woman in a man’s world of City politics where hearts, egos and Spirits get broken like in the Hollywood movie business.

    I have to say that lady I’m talkin about is Blondell Reynolds Brown.  I don’t know How long She has been in office, but it is a long time. I asked, recently, for  Jannie L.  Blackwell to step down after a long distinguished career in office. To be fair, I have to also ask a few others to leave office.

     I do this with Blondell being the one person I call of for help time and time again.  It comes when Blondell is the top vote-getter for Democrats on City Council in Philadelphia. & it  comes when a few years ago, I asked Blondell to run for Mayor, but she wouldn’t seriously consider it. & it comes when She is at the height of popularity and appeal. 

    However, I am always asking for us to make room for younger BLACK people & give them a chance.  I imagine a male of female { straight, Gay or Transgendered or Bisexual – not that this is any of my business } I imagine a very young person on City Council properly representing young people throughout the city. I imagine a person between 25 and 36, who is professional, upbeat, a healing force, positive-thinking,  properly educated, highly skilled, and ambition who wants to take on the education issue the housing issue and the corruption issue with a new voice  -- the voice of all voices—in a new and enlightened Way that will be impossible to defeat.  I have no power to make anyone resign or not run again.  I feel tremendously guilty asking Blondell to not run for office next year because She has done so much for me and is so kind, generous, outspoken for women and so intelligent.

     Still I must do so.  She should enjoy the rest of Her life and time with Her family, before She gets ole like me. I Totally appreciate Her time in City Council and the work She has done. I wish Her the best no matter if she steps down or not. I’ll be able to look Her in the eye and stand up to this letter as well, even if it takes a few days.

 

Peace & Blessings,

 

Gratefully True,

 

GOD Almighty

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment