Friday, December 28, 2018

New York Jay-Zee & Alicia Keys

http://thepoliticsofreal.blogspot.co/


     I know Jay-Zee gets a bum rap from me most of the time. I have yet to learn of His full struggle, even though I read most of His autobiographic books. Yet, there is no question that I LOVE the song Empire State or New York He did several years ago with Alicia Keys.  It brings out the best in people.  I spent a year and a half in New York and the city chewed me up and kicked me back to Philadelphia as half a man. I was hurt, depressed, victimized, confused and befuddled after my apartment was robbed three times [ the third time the burglar was on His way up the fire escape as I left the city in fear and, strangely, excitement. ]  I was at the beginning of what would be several long years of climbing my way out of mental illness.  The mental illness is not the fault of New York, it simple brought it forward.  I think New York almost took my life. The City that never sleeps may have in fact saved me from a dastardly death and destruction where GOD may not have been able to save me had I been in another city. It is time to forgive and even, if possible, forget.   I want to hear more music from Jay-Zee that doesn’t including the ``N’’ word, cursing, & included more positive outcomes, more positive lyric-inspired images, and more positive use of women, women issues and even a positive thing or two to say about Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals.  I’m not asking for all this in one CD, but maybe over a stretch of a year or two. Something tells me I won’t be disappointed by Jay-Zee due to the fantasimal influence of His wife, Beyoncé.  If you know of the songs by Jay-Zee that are not inclusive of illegal drug culture, violence and the ``N’’ word, please tell me so I can tune in.  I will always give people a second chance, even when that People is a CITY~! New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment