Saturday, August 1, 2015

No More Million Man Marches... Lets' ALL Black People March and Do the BEST For Self.....

I know of the power and strength of the Million Man March that took place on October 16th, 1996. I was there. I AM Black and Gay and I was there.  I know it was a special week of events and a Special day on the Mall in D.C. I also know some of the men didn't go directly home after the Big March, but lingered back in D.C. for some ``Boy Play'' That I will only mention in passing. {Personally, I took my Black behind right back home on that day and I'm glad I did.}. Farrakhan will tell you why on October 16, 2015. {Just because I'm a Black Gay man does not mean I don't LOVe Black women. . . . . . We need a march and activism around Black women, disabled People who are Black, Black Men, Black Gays and Black Lesbians, Black Trans People, Black workers, Black nurses and Black Doctors, Black scientists, Black engineers, Black Entrapinuer &; Black Business People, Black Physically-challenged People &; Black mentally-challenged People,   Black Thespians &; Black Actors &; Black Actresses, Black Activists, Black Africans &; Black Caribbean's, Black Diaspora,  Black Children &; Black youth, Black Christians &; Black Muslims, Black Buddhists & Black Hindu's & Black Voodoo worshipers, Black Yoruba Priests & Black Yoruba, and all the rest of us Black folk. And let's forget about White Folks for a week or two. We need to take the upper hand and solve our problems ourselves. First: Stop lying to your partner, yourself &; your friends & family. Don't think I'm perfect here because I'm tellin' you this. I have work to do myself. Even after 30 years of therapy and yes, I'm still in therapy. Our society in this country is maddening, if we don't recognize this and take part in doing something about it, we are just as crazy as the People who shut us out of opportunity, wealth and prosperity much too often. Yes, many White people are crazy, but we don't have to follow suit do we.....!!   We have had a rough last two years. We have had a rough last 500 years. It is time to come together and get together and stop our inner madness and start a for real, a healing process, a self-love process, a massive Black-Power fest, and a process where we take care of each other for once and for all--for the rest of our lives and for the rest of our generations hereon this planet... We must stop spending money at stores that mean us no good and this is the time to stop it pledge for it and be real about it this time, not just give lip service to an issue and forget about it and go back to our ole ways that are holding us back. Why do we have to smoke so much when smokes have been killing us or causing health issues for years. Not to mention the expense when we should be saving the money for good and positive things? {I don't smoke, but I have my vices as well. Did you ever notice how our cell phones are called devices? Just wanted to throw that in for thought. Do we really need to spend $200.00 on a cell phone that is really separating our families from youth to elders? Is it really that much of a convenience? Why do we have to give excuses for beating our wives, husbands [that's right I know husbands get whipped by wives also. I know all about it.], and our  Black Precious children--did you really need to take that switch to the child when you never listen to Her or Him in the first place to see what is really wrong?  GOD gave you children as a Blessing and a gift. Don't have them unless you really are ready to treat them with mutual respect, dignity, honour & as if they at least have the potential to be intelligent..... .  We as middle-aged Black People need to respect our elders, especially the ones who took on self-respect and are at the centre of a family and are holding a family together and are really a good role model for many of us. So, frankly, I would LOVe to go to another Million Man March, because yes there will undoubtedly be visions of male Black beauty all over the place, but to me that is not motivation enough for me to go this year. I want to bring ALL BLACK PEOPLE together so we can tell the world, not only Wash D.C. we will not stand for another Black women, youth or man to be killed by the lice--they don't all act like this, but too many of them do.  I Am only a little dude with very little money that I know of to actually influence People, but I do have a word and I do say we need to use this October 16th opportunity for full leverage, not just to show off some male beauty and put forth some male bonding.  FAMILY--See you in D.C.!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment