Saturday, April 8, 2017

have space on your shoulders in life.


Have space on your shoulders in life.

By Tracy Gibson

       **Have plenty of space on your shoulders for the angels who went before you and taught you things in life. {You know How they show a devil on the other shoulder? Well, in my case, my idea is to make all shoulders available to Angels only. There is no space on my other shoulder for the devil.  I don’t give him or her that power over me and certainly not that close. You know How they say ``devil, get behind me?’’ Well, I don’t have space behind me for him or her either because GOD walks behind me and in front of me and in me 24 hours a day, and more or less time depending on which part of daylight savings time or time change we are experiencing at any given time. There is no room for the devil in my life.}

       **I LOVe God and She has made room on each shoulder for my Angels. One is Ms. AkyRa MuRRay and my MOM, MRs. Jessie Mae ThoRnton Gibson.  They both sit on my Right shoulder and talk to me all the time. I can’t go wrong. If I do give into negative thoughts like chasing after the wrong man, they will kick me in the ear and scream at me.  The only way I will give in is like I did the other day. I saw a very handsome Black , probably Gay man working at the Starbucks coffee shop on 18th and Market Street. He had on very tight, tights. They were Black and showed off his beautifully round behind. The only way I gave in was to buy a piece of double chocolate cake, which I never buy.  I thought of him instead of my LOVer when I bit into the chocolate cake and I felt guilty with each bite as the luscious creamy cake went down into my stomach.

       **My angels said to me, they would ``allow’’ this to happen because they would turn it into a Blessing for me. Well two or three days later, my boyfriend Leonard – who is my $180,000. A-year assistant – came by and walked around with no pants on. He has an equally luscious behind. I was in Heaven.  I thanked my lucky stars I didn’t talk inappropriately with the Black probably Gay gentleman at the store – The Starbucks at 18th and Market Street.

       **My {SHOULDER} angels, were looking out for me.  They are the reasons I LOVe life. My the Way, Ms. MuRRay and MRs. Gibson are on the same shoulder. They are on the right shoulder and they can’t be moved until I die when I’m 97.  I am only 60. The other shoulder is reserved for the likes of Rosa Parks when She wants to visit and set up House; or Ella Baker when She wants to visit; or Nelson Mandela when He wants to visit or Malcolm X when He wants to visit; or Betty Shabazz when She wants to visit; of Gandhi when He wants to visit; or Ossie Davis when He wants to visit with Ruby Dee; or  Martin Luther King, Junior {I should be so lucky},; when He wants to visit with Coretta Schott- King; or Betty Gains; or Bill Hill {Ole friends}, when they want to visit; or that singer – you know the one who sings Ole Friend; or Chester Himes the writer of Black comic mysteries like ``Cotton Comes to Harlem’’ and ``Come Back Charleston Blue.’’  Or James Baldwin.

       **Thinking like this leaves that negative force out in the cold – like the person who occupies the Whie House {A stolen space in his instance} – this leaves people like him out in the cold. Simply put, this is how you beat the devil.  It is not his game anyway, it is not a game – life that is. It is a challenge, a handful of juicy grapes; a child’s precious smile; living with the Way, the positive African Way, and never forgetting there are Black People who are forced to do without until you caN come on a Black stallion and save them {AFTER YOU SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR CLOSE FAMILY FIRST}.  {Typos intentional). 

No comments:

Post a Comment